Sunday, November 11, 2012

PHAT is BACK!!

Funny to think I was riding on dirt in 70F wx last w/e and riding in 20F on snow this w/e. We got some snow here in Victor, but we drove just 1 hr north to over a foot of snow, winter wonderland!!

 Just 33 miles from here is part of the Tour Divide trail, the road to Flagg Ranch. Jay and I took the boys here and did some reminiscing about riding on the trail, just not too long ago in completely different conditions. Now the whole family has been on this part of the trail, FUN!  We got the boys out for an hour, not shure how many miles, but enough to tire them out so we could go a on a longer ride.




Some trucks and 4 wheel drive vehicles had previous driven back to Cave Falls, ID creating a nice path to follow. The riding was GREAT and super quiet, we saw one car, which thankfully help reinforce the path through the 12 inches of still fallin' snow. The temps were cool approx 20F from my guess, but havin' the right gear and knowing how to use it totally makes our trips comfortable & fun. 

The reward:



It took us 3hrs 15 mins to ride 28 miles, more of a climb on the way in. We finished up in the dark, my batteries were dying, my light was dim, so I followed JayP's red P-Tec tail light and followed his line, not too close, not too far away or I couldn't see. I was comfortable & REALLY havin' fun, workin' on my night vision. 

The next day, I took the boyz out for another 11 miles.


To another cool place, minutes from home...



Til next time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment